Before, we discuss the transference of Amanat-e-Elahiya (The Sacred Trust of Allah) by Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh and his Khalifahs (spiritual successors and representatives), it is important to discuss the reality of “Amanat-e-Elahiya” and “Khilafat” in detail.
What is Amanat-e-Elahiya?
In the Holy Quran Allah says about Amanat-e-Elahiya (His Sacred Trust) that:
Meaning: We presented our Trust before the skies, earth and mountains. Everyone refused to bear it, but man (Insan-e-Kamil) picked it up. No doubt he is cruel (towards his nafs) and ignorant (of his highest rank near Allah).(Al-Ahzab-72)
According to Fuqara-e-Kamileen (The perfect Faqeers) this Trust actually refers to the true heritage of Hazoor Alayh Salat-o-Wasalam which is Ism-e-Allah Zaat and the Trust of Faqr.
- The person to whom this Trust has to be transferred is stationed at the grand position of Meaning: when Faqr is accomplished, there is Allah.
When a seeker of Allah reaches the peak of Faqr i.e. Baqa Billah (becoming immortal with Allah after being annihilated in His Divine Self), he acquires all the attributes of Allah and is stationed at the grand status of Insan-e-Kamil (The Universal Divine Man). The most perfect and pre-eminent Man of this entire Universe is Hazrat Mohammad Sall’Allahu Alayh Wa’alihi Wasallam and he is the Mazhar-e-Uttam (the best manifestation) of Allah. Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh says:
- Rasool Allah Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam is The Universal Divine Man and all the others have proximity (to Allah) according to their statuses. (Ain-ul-Faqr)
Insan-e-Kamil (The Universal Divine Man) is the possessor of Amanat-e-Elahiya (Trust of Allah) and the Khalifah (representative) of Allah on this earth.
Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo says:
- Jamiat (accumulation of all the Divine attributes and powers) which is the beneficence of the Rehman is only the destiny of The Universal Divine Man. The Universal Men are only the Prophets and Fuqara (those who reach the ultimate level of Faqr). (Fazal ul-Laqa)
Allah says in Quran:
Meaning: Allah is the most compassionate. (O’ aspirant to His gnosis) ask of Him from someone who has attained His awareness. (The unaware does not have any gnosis of Him).
Insan-e-Kamil (The Universal Divine Man) becomes the Mazhar (the ultimate manifestation) and complete mirror of Allah and reflects the Anwaar-e-Zaat (Divine Lights), attributes, all the names of Allah and His actions. He possesses all the attributes of Allah and adopts all His virtues.
Hazrat Imam Hussain Razi Allah Anhu says in his book, Mirat-al-Arifeen:
- “The entire Holy Quran is in Um-ul-Kitab i.e Surah Fatiha, Surah Fatiha is in Bismillah and Ism-e-Allah (Allah’s Personal Name) is present in the heart of Insan-e-Kamil. That is why, Insan-e-Kamil is both abridged and detailed for all the attributes of Allah and The Existence”.
When Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh reached this destination of Faqr, he said:
- “At the ultimate destination of Faqr, the order from the Magnificent (Allah) came that you are My Divine Lover. I, the Faqeer, replied that this humble being is not able to love the Majestic Self. Then it was commanded, “You are My Mashooq (Divine Beloved)”. At this, I the humble being, became speechless. Hence, the Anwaar-e-Tajalli (Light of Divine Disclosure) and the favour of The Magnificent absorbed this humble person like a particle drowns in an ocean, and then He said “You are exactly the same as Me and I am the same as you. In fact you are My ‘Reality’ and on the basis of Divine knowledge, you are my Beloved, and in ‘Hoo’ you are Sir’r-e-Hoo (The Divine Secret of Hoo). (Risala Roohi Sharif)
In this statement ‘Hoo’ means Zaat of Allah, whereas, “Ya-Hoo” means Haqeeqat-e-Mohammadiya (Reality of Mohammad Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam) and “Sirr” means Visal-e-Elahi (union with Allah) through the completion of Batin (inner self). This is the station of Fana-Fillah (annihilation in Allah) and Baqa-Billah (becoming immortal with Allah) where man becomes Kamil (perfect) and adorns the station of The Universal Divine Man.
- In Aqal-e-Baidar Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh says about The Universal Divine Man that: “Since the Blessed Noor (Divine Light) of the leader of the Universe Hazrat Mohammad Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam was created from the Noor of Allah and from the Noor of Mohammad Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam, the entire creation came into being. Hence, the essence of man is Noor (Divine Light) and in accordance to his actions when Nafs (inner self), Qalb (heart) and Ruh (soul) turn into Noor, then he becomes Insan-e-Kamil (The Universal Divine Man).
- In his book “Noor-ul-Huda” Sultan-ul-Arifeen says “The existence of Insan-e-Kamil is a treasured maze of the talisman (wonders) of the Divine Name and Essence”.
Here Sultan-ul-Arifeen has called the existence of Insan-e-Kamil as that of a Talisman because he is Mazhar-e-Ajaib-al-Ghraib (the manifestation of wonders and rarities). He knows the secret of finding “Ism ( )” and Musamma i.e. Zaat-e-Elahi. This secret is a treasure and like one reaches any treasure after solving a maze, likewise recognizing Insan-e-Kamil is a maze. Whoever, solves this maze, only he reaches the Reality of Insan-e-Kamil.
Allama Ibn-e-Arabi says about Insan-e-Kamil that:
- Since Ism-e-Allah Zaat (Personal Name of Allah) is comprehension of all the attributes and origin of the whole marvels, hence, it is called the basis of enlightenment and Rub-ul-Arbab (The Lord of all the Lords, Sustainer of all the Sustainers). And the person who is its manifestation is the exact essence of Him, an Abdullah Ain-ul-Ayan (the Absolute slave of Allah who can see Him and the whole universe and is exactly the same as He). In every era, one person is on the footsteps of Hazrat Mohammad Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam and he is the Abdullah (The absolute slave of Allah) of his era. He is called the Qutb of all the Qutbs or “the Ghaus” (the highest spiritual rank); he is Mohammadi Al-Mushrab (same way as that of Mohammad Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi wasallam). He unintentionally stays in the subjection of command, proximity of obligatory works. Whatever Allah has to do, He does it through him”.
As it is said in the Holy Quran:
Meaning: And We have encompassed everything in Imam-e-Mobeen. (Yaseen-12)
In this verse “Imam-e-Mobeen” refers to Insan-e-Kamil (The Universal Divine Man). Allah has kept all his wills, commands and His created Universe in a Loh-e-Mehfooz (Divine Tablet that records all mankind’s doings) which is, in fact the heart of Insan-e-Kamil. The heart of Insan-e-Kamil is the place, where the Anwaar-e-Zaat (Divine Lights of Existence) are revealed and its vastness can neither be explained nor imagined.
Meaning: You are the Lauh (Divine Tablet) and the Qalam (The Pen) and the Real Quran. The crystal coloured dome (meaning the sky) is just a bubble as compared to your Divine Self.
- Hazrat Shaikh Moid-ud-Deen Jindi says, “Ism-e-Azam, (The greatest name of Allah) which has become famous all over, is in fact, meaningly related to the world of reality and soul, while its words are related to this world of physical existences and apparent words. All the Hadithes, which comprehend all the truths of marvels, are called ‘The Reality’ and they actually refer to the Insan-e-Kamil who is present in every era. He is the Qutb of all the Qutbs, he possesses the Trust of Allah and is the absolute representative of Allah, Ism-e-Azam is actually the physical face of that Wali-e-Kamil (The Universal Divine Man)”. (Tafseer Ruh-ul-Byan, page 41, vol:1, translated by Maulana Mohammad Faiz Awaisi, publishers Maktaba Awaisia Rizwia Bahawalpur)
Hazrat Syed Abdul Kareem Bin Ibrahim Al-Jaili Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh writes in his book “Insan-e-Kamil”:
- In the levels of existence, the level and marvel at which Hazrat Mohammad Sall’Allahu Alayh Wa’alihi Wasallam was appointed, no other person could achieve that level. The behaviours, conditions and actions of the beloved Prophet Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam are a witness that he was unique in these marvels. He Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam is The Insan-e-Kamil (The Universal Divine Man) and the rest of the Perfect Prophets and saints are adjoined to him the way “perfected ones” are adjoined to “The Perfect One”. They are related to him just as the “distinguished ones” are related to “The Distinguished”, but undoubtedly, the ultimate and absolute Insan-e-Kamil is Hazoor Akram Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam”. Further he says:
- Insan-e-Kamil is the one who truly deserves to possess the Personal Names and actual attributes of Allah as per the order of The Divine Self. For Allah, he is like a mirror, as nobody can see his face without mirror. Insan-e-Kamil also can’t see his real being without the mirror of ‘Ism-e-Allah’ as it is his “mirror”. And Insan-e-Kamil is like a mirror to Allah. Allah has made it necessary upon Himself to see all His Names and attributes only in Insan-e-Kamil.
Syed Abdul Kareem bin Ibrahim Al-Jaili further describes about Insan-e-Kamil:
- Haqeeqat-e-Mohammadia (the Reality of Essence of Mohammad Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam) manifests itself in every era in the being of The Universal Divine Man of that age according to the requirements and conditions prevailing in that age. This Insan-e-Kamil is the representative of Hazoor Akram Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam in that era. Insan-e-Kamil is the Qutb-e-Aalam (highest spiritual cadre in the world) around whom the whole universe of existence revolves from Azal (eternal beginning) till Abad (eternal end). Ever since the existence started till forever, he is one Entity and then there are different colorful physical dresses for this Entity in different ages (means this Entity appears in different physical appearances in different ages) and in accordance to this physical dress he is given a name that would not go for another of his dress. His actual name is Mohammad Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam, his filial appellation is Abu-al Qasim, his epithet is Abdullah and his title is Shams-ud-Din. In accordance to each physical dress, he has different names. In every era, he has a name which suits to the physical dress in which he appears in that age. The Haqeeqat-e-Mohammadia (The Reality and The Essence of Mohammad Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam) manifests itself in every era in the form of the Perfect saint of that era. This Insan-e-Kamil is the Khalifah of Prophet Mohammad Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam in his age.(Insan-e-Kamil—translated by Fazal Meeran, publisher Nafees Academy Karachi)
This reality of Insan-e-Kamil is described in detail by Allama Ibn-e-Arabi Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh in “Fasoos-ul-Hakam” as:
- From Azal (pre-existence) till Abad (eternity) he Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam keeps changing his physical dresses in every era and only in the beings of “perfect individuals” does he manifest himself.(Sharah Fasoos-ul-Hakam wal Aiqaan)
- Hence Insan-e-Kamil is the only one Entity since eternal beginning till eternal end and that is the holy Lord of the Universe Hazrat Mohammad Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam who has been appearing in the beings of Ghaus, Qutbs, Abdaals and saints according to their spiritual levels and ranks”. (Sharah Fasoos-ul-Hakam wal Aiqaan)
Hazrat Shah Syed Mohammad Zauqi Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh says:
- Insan-e-Kamil comprehends the whole existing world. On the basis of his wisdom and soul he is Um-ul-Kitab (the Holy Book), on the basis of his Qulb (heart) he is the Loh-e-Mehfooz (the Divine Tablet) and on the basis of his Nafs (inner self) he is the book of obliterations and affirmations. Insan-e-Kamil is the sacred revealed book and he is the Holy Book, which encompasses everything in the universe. Its secrets and true meanings are revealed only upon those who are freed from the veils of inner darkness”. (Sir’r-e-Dilberan, Al-Faisal publishers Lahore)
Maulana Jalal-ud-Din Roomi Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh says:
- Just as treasures are found in deserted places, Allah entrusts His Amanat (Trust) to a person’s heart who is not much popular”. (Masnavi Maulana Room-Vol:3)
In every era, there is a Man who bears the Trust of Allah and he is in fact the heir of the trust of Faqr. Nabi Akram Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam is the owner of the treasure of Faqr and has complete authority over it. He is the one who transfers this trust and treasure. Without his permission, the Trust of Allah cannot be entrusted to anyone. Hazoor Akram Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam transferred the treasure of Faqr to Hazrat Fatimah Razi Allah Anha and she holds the highest and supreme level of being the first Sultan-ul-Faqr among the Ummah of Mohammad Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam. This treasure was also transferred to the ‘Door of Faqr’ Hazrat Ali Karam Allah Wajhul Kareem from whom started the spiritual orders and ways. From Hazrat Ali Karam Allah Wajhu this treasure was transferred to Hasnain Kareemain Razi Allah Anhum. Then, the chain continued and the treasure reached the supreme holder of Faqr Ghaus-ul-Azam Hazrat Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani Razi Allah Anhu and then to Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh. Now, whenever someone is selected for entrusting The Divine Trust, Hazoor Alayh Salat-o-Salam hands over that person to Ghaus-ul-Azam Hazrat Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani Razi Allah Anhu, then he is presented before Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh for the treasure of Faqr i.e. the Trust of Allah. This treasure of Faqr will be transferred till the Doomsday from the court of Hazrat Mohammad Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam, by his orders and permission only.
The Universal Divine Man, who possesses Amanat-e-Elahiya (The Trust of Allah), is also called Sahib-e-Musamma Murshid (the spiritual guide who possess all the attributes of Allah) and he is the true Murshid Kamil Noor-ul-Huda (The Perfect Guide possessing the Divine Light of guidance). If a seeker is fortunate enough to find such a Murshid, then reaching the extreme heights of nearness to Allah does not remain difficult any more. The symbol of his grandeur is that he blesses the seeker with the Sultan-ul-Azkar, Ism-e-Azam Hoo (the crown invocation of the greatest Name of Allah i.e. “Hoo”) and gives Ism-e-Allah Zaat for Tasawur (contemplation) on the very first day of allegiance. If a seeker finds such a Murshid, he should stick to him and follow him. But it is difficult to find him as he isn’t usually a popular and known person. This chain of perfect spiritual guides will continue soul after soul till the Doomsday, but only those seekers will find them and recognize them who truly and sincerely seek only the recognition and Vision of Allah and the Divine Presence in the Assembly of Prophet Mohammad Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam. Disciples, who seek worldly pleasures or ranks in paradise will never recognize his reality even if he is in front of them.
This Universal Divine Man, who is also the perfect Murshid who possesses all the attributes and powers of Allah and the Divine Light of guidance, bears the Trust of Allah and is the owner of the treasure of Faqr and also the representative of Rasool Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam. Searching him in the world and then following him is an obligation according to Fuqara, so a seeker of Allah must find him.