Those who plot a propaganda against Faqr and Fuqara (those who travel the path of Faqr and reach Allah) in the name of “Tauheed”, blame Sufi Saints for avoiding Sharia (path of the law of Islam) and some even name them Tarik-e-Shariat (abstainer of Sharia). Although, the life of all the true Auliya (friends of Allah) is an evident proof that all their mystic hard work and struggle in the path of Faqr, is completely based upon taqwa (fear of displeasing Allah). They always believed and preached that taqwa is the real soul of religion.
Maybe the accusers have observed the lawlessness of the fake and deceptive so called Faqeers who boast of their marvels just to fool people, misunderstood them as real Fuqara and have given their verdict against the true Faqeers also. The fact is that all of the Kamil (perfect) Fuqara have always acted upon the pure form of Sharia. However, if someone is overcome by the state of majzoobiyat (being lost in Divine meditation), qalandriyat (unconventional mysticism), sukr (ecstatic state), etc. then he may lose his senses, but its punishment has been set by Sharia like that of Mansoor Hallaj Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh who was hung to death.
- Sultan-ul-Faqr sixth Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh says:
- Sharia means the combination of Zahiri (outward) and Batini (inward) knowledge (about the way to please and reach Allah). He, who has just one knowledge and acts upon it only, should not claim of being a man of Sharia.
- We got every spiritual status and rank just by following the path of Sharia.
- Without commitment, devotion and obedience to pure Sharia, no station or destination of Faqr can be attained. All the levels of Faqr are achieved by the beneficence of Sharia. (Mujtaba Aakhir Zamani)
Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh spent his entire life in compliance with the Sunnah of Nabi Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam and his Sharia, to such an extent that not even a single mustahib (desirable act of religion) was left by him.
- He Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh says:
Meaning: “I followed Sharia and attained all the ranks which I have, through it. I made Sharia as my leader and guide.”
- In his book Ain-ul-Faqr he Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh says:
- Know! that this book has been named ‘Ain-ul-Faqr’ because this book would guide all the seekers of Allah and Fuqara Fana Fillah (mystics annihilated in Allah) at every stage, whether their level is common or special, and whether they are beginner or at middle stage or at the highest station. It would take them to the levels of Ilm-ul-Yaqeen (knowledge of Divine Reality), Ain-ul-Yaqeen (Vision of Divine Reality) and Haq-ul-Yaqeen (experiencing the closeness of Divine Reality) and inculcate within them the love for Allah by taking them on Sirat-e-Mustqeem (the straight path) and blessing them with the mushahidat (Divine observations) of the secrets of The Eternal Secret through the Light of Tauheed (Oneness) of Allah and the Light of Self Disclosure. So that, they would never go against the Sharia of Mohammad Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam and become wrong doers by leaving Sirat-e-Mustqeem (the straight path) and refrain from getting involved in deception and schism.
- Each manner that is rejected by Shariat, is a religious hypocrisy. Any path, that is against Sharia, is the path of Kufr (disbelief) and Satan, it is the path of selfish and lustrous greed, and the path of the scoundrel world.” (Ain-ul-Faqr)
Meaning: By walking on the great path of Sharia, I reached the exalted stations above the Arsh (the Empyrean) and the Kursi (the Throne). I clearly saw all the spiritual stations of the Divine secret of Oneness.
Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh has laid stress on following the purified path of Shariat in a lot of his books and has instructed that without following the purified path of Shariat truly, no one can ever reach any station or destination of Sulook (mystic initiation) and Marifat (Gnosis). All the levels of Faqr are attained by the blessings of Sharia.
- He Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh says:
- It is obligatory upon the true seeker, to follow the Shariat. He should obey whatever order it gives. Whatever is against Shariat and the Holy Quran, is the way of Nafs, the carrion world and Satan. (Deedar Bakhsh)
- The manner, which is not in accordance to the sacred Shariah is not religion, rather it is atheism. (Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan)
- All the levels and ranks of Faqr are attained by the beneficence of Sharia of Nabi Kareem Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam. (Ameer-ul-Kaunain)
- Deedar-e-Elahi (Vision of Allah) is acquired by acting upon Sharia. (Ameer-ul-Kaunain)
- Sharia is like a city of peace. (Ameer-ul-Kaunain)
- Apart from Sharia, no other road leads to Marifat (Gnosis) and those, who create schism (wrong innovations in religion), have the attributes like that of a donkey. (Ameer-ul-Kaunain)
- O’ Bahoo (Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh)! Act upon Sharia with sincere intentions, and by acting upon Sharia, drink the goblet of Marifat. (Ameer-ul-Kaunain)
- Sharia is the soul of every true knowledge and every knowledge is taken from the Quran and Hadith. Without Sharia, life would be shameless and embarrassing. (Ameer-ul-Kaunain)
- The beginning of a Faqeer (mystic) is that he wears the dress of Sharia on his body and dives into the ocean of Marifat by becoming familiar with the spiritual states and levels of Haqeeqat (The Reality). (Aqal-e-Baidar)
- Every page of the book (Aurang Shahi) guides towards following the path of obedience of the Prophet Mohammad Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam.(Aurang Shahi)
- Arif Billah (knower of Allah) is the one, who keeps his Zahir (outward) totally covered with Shariat and always keeps his focus on Shariah. Nothing is outside the Quran and Sharia. (Muftah-ul-Arifeen)
- I attained every rank through the Quran and made the Holy Quran as my support and guide. (Deedar Bakhsh)
- He Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh says to the seeker of Allah:
- O’ seeker of Allah! whatever command is given by the Shariah of Mohammad Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam, you must obey it. (Deedar Bakhsh)
- Whoever acquired Faqr, got it solely from Hazrat Mohammad Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam and the beneficence of his Shariah. (Mehek-ul-Faqr Kalan)
- Sultan-ul-Arifeen Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo Rehmat-ul-Allah Alayh strictly follows Shariah in the process of esoteric training and spiritual elevation. He says:
- What is Faqr? It is the inheritance of Hazrat Mohammad Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam. Its beginning is Sharia and its peak is also Sharia. The Pure Perfect Man is the one who does not step out of Sharia under any circumstances, whether, he is the man of Divine Secret since eternity, or in a state of qabz-o- bust (seizure and exposition of soul) or sukar-o-masti (ecstatic and rapturous state) or engrossed in Divine Love. If he would step out of Shariah, all his spiritual ranks would be taken away from him. (Ain-ul-Faqr)
Shariah is the beginning and peak of Faqr and those who relinquish it, can never even smell the fragrance of Faqr.