(Majlis e Mohammadi)
Sultan Bahoo strictly believed in the ‘eternal existence’ of the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him). He said;
- How can such a person be considered a faithful, Muslim or follower of the Holy Prophet who does not believe that the Holy Prophet is alive! No doubt, such a person is lair, faithless and a hypocrite, whoever he is. The Holy Prophet said;
اَلْکِذَّابُ لَا اُمَّتِیْ
Meaning: A liar does not belong to my umma. (Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan)
- Both the worlds curses the one who does not believe in the life of Holy Prophet. Only that person denies the eternal life of the Prophet and considers him dead whose faith Satan has confiscated. Moreover his inward has darkened. (Kaleed-ul-Tauheed)
- The person who sincerely and faithfully beseeches in the Mohammadan court, the Holy Prophet along with his companions and grandsons meets him physically and helps. (Aqal-e-Baydar)
- Listen! One who does not believe in the eternal life of the Holy Prophet, his faith is confiscated. (Ain-ul-Faqr)
Iqbal and the Mohammadan Assembly
Allama Iqbal the thinker and poet of the East has stated about the eternal existence of the Holy Prophet:
I have the complete faith that Prophet Mohammad is alive. Moreover the people of this age can also benefit by his company as the sacred companions of the Holy Prophet did. Alas! In this era, the very expression of such convictions would be unpleasant for several minds. That is why, I remain silent. (A letter to Niaz-ud-Din Khan-‘Fitrak-e-Rasool-Pg 71-Chapter 3’)
بہ مصطفٰیؐ برساں خویش را کہ دین ہمہ اوست
اگر بہ او نہ رسیدی، تمام بولہبی است
Explanation: You must take yourself to Prophet Mohammad. That is in fact the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis e Mohammadi) as he is the complete and perfect faith. If you do not take yourself to Prophet Mohammad, your whole faith is like that of Abu Lahab. (Armoghan-e-Hijaz)
Sultan-ul-Faqr VI and the Mohammadan Assembly
Sultan-ul-Faqr VI Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali explained about the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis e Mohammadi);
- In the spiritual world, the eternal presence in the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis e Mohammadi) is a very elevated station. The sacred countenance of Prophet Mohammad is the real Ism-e-Allah Zaat (the personal name of Allah). For the sacred Companions, Ism-e-Allah Zaat was the physical face of the Holy Prophet. Therefore, they did not need to perform the contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat. Now, for the presence in the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis e Mohammadi), the invocation and contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat or Ism-e-Mohammad is essential. However, perfect spiritual guide grants it whom the Holy Prophet has spiritually permitted. When the seeker recognizes the Holy Prophet by the light of Ism-e-Allah Zaat or Ism-e-Mohammad, there remains no room for any doubt because it is the Hadith of the Holy Prophet:
“Who witnessed me, undoubtedly he witnessed the Truth, as Satan cannot adopt my face.”
- When the seeker finds presence in the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis e Mohammadi), all his wishes fulfills. This is because of the privilege of seeing the sacred face of the Holy Prophet. Moreover he approaches the station of annihilation in Allah and immortality with Him. (Sultan-ul-Faqr VI Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali Life and Teachings)
The teachings of Sultan-Bahoo about the Mohammadan assembly
He said that the vision of Allah and eternal presence in the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis e Mohammadi) are two such sublime stages in the spiritual world, that no other level is higher than these.
The Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis e Mohammadi) still exists today, as it used to be in the times of his Companions.
Perhaps there is no such writing of Sultan Bahoo in which he has not mentioned about the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis e Mohammadi). In the path to Divine Reality, it is such a station in which the seeker of Allah finds spiritual honour with the eternal presence of this Assembly. Moreover the Holy Prophet guides and helps him to cover the stages of the gnosis of Allah.
The Prophet’s sacred face was ‘Ism-e-Allah Zaat’’ and his sacred self was ‘Ism-e-Mohammad’
- While explaining Bismillah, Allama Ahmad Yar Khan Naeemi writes in Tafsir-e-Naeemi:
“Ism-e-Allah Zaat is the physical form of the Holy Prophet”.
- Sultan Bahoo said: “Presence in the Mohammadan Assembly is achieved through the contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat and Ism-e-Mohammad. (Ism-e-Mohammad is the sacred name of Prophet Mohammad.)”
The explanation of this extract is that, for the privileged Companions of the Holy Prophet, his sacred face was ‘Ism-e-Allah Zaat’. Moreover his sacred self was ‘Ism-e-Mohammad’. They did not need anything else to get the Divine guidance.
His company was enough for sacred Companions. Notably how do the seekers of Allah of this age get guidance from the Prophet? Now, the only way to access to the court of the Holy Prophet is the contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat and Ism-e-Mohammad. Provided that the Holy Prophet spiritually permits the person to grant it. The seeker of Allah knows this fact on the very first day of the contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat. Whether he has got Ism-e-Allah Zaat or Ism-e-Mohammad from the court of perfect spiritual guide. This is because of the radiant effects of Ism-e-Allah Zaat and Ism-e-Mohammad on his self which take him spiritually in the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis e Mohammadi).
The seeker achieves all the objectives by beholding the sacred countenance of the Prophet
According to Sultan Bahoo;
شد مطالب دیدن رو مصطفٰےؐ
شد حضوری غرق فی اللہ باخدا
Explanation: The seeker achieves all the objectives by the privilege of beholding the sacred countenance of Prophet Mohammad. Furthermore one finds blessing of immersion in the state of Divine presence and Oneness with Allah. (Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan)
Four kinds of invocation which leads to the Mohammadan Assembly
Sultan Bahoo says in Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan:
Unless the seeker becomes spiritually mature by performing four kinds of invocation, four kinds of meditation and four kinds of concentration, he does not qualify for the presence in the Mohammadan Assembly.
First is the declining invocation. On the commencement of this invocation, all the major and minor creations are inclined towards the reciter. A lot of disciples and seekers adopt this invocation. Moreover when it reaches its peak, most of the disciples and seekers leave it being spiritually demoted and repulsed. (As they cannot bear its effects and Satan depraves them). Then they say:
“We repent thousand times from such invocation”.
Only that true seeker remains steadfast. As he purely desires to have gnosis and union with Allah.
Invocation of marvels
Second is the eternal invocation which is the invocation of marvels. From the outset of this invocation, all the angels are attracted towards the reciter and armies of angels gather around him. The twin recording angels Kiramun Katibeen give him inspirations about every good and bad and keep him away from sins. When this invocation reaches its peak (i.e., the seeker accomplishes in it) the third invocation starts.
Invocation of Divine union
The third invocation is the invocation of Divine union. This invocation takes the seeker to the assembly of Prophets and Saints esoterically and he blesses with Divine union. When the seeker united with Allah accomplishes in this invocation, the fourth invocation begins.
Invocation of spiritual states
The fourth invocation is the invocation of spiritual states. While performing this invocation, the seeker finds blessing of the theophanies of light of the Divine Essence. In addition he reaches to the level of annihilation in Allah. Moreover he becomes immortal with Him. After crossing these four levels of invocation, the seeker becomes eligible for the presence in the Mohammadan Assembly. (Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan)
Inward eye to see the Mohammadan Assembly
ہر کرا از دل کشاید چشم نور
شد حضوری مصطفےٰؐ رست از غرور
Explanation: The seeker’s inward eye when enlightens by the Divine light gets rid of arrogance. Moreover then the spiritual guide blesses the seeker with the presence in the Mohammadan Assembly. (Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan)
Marvel of conversation of the Prophet
- Other features of the Mohammadan Assembly are that the Holy Prophet outwardly speaks to worldly people with his physical body. While inwardly his soul keeps conversing with the spiritual people. When he moves his lips for discourse, the learned people are amazed. Moreover the worldly people think that he is discoursing with them. While the spiritual people consider that he is talking to them. However, the reality is that he converses with Allah-the Compassionate. His sacred being is pure of the inciting innerself. It has worried Satan who is the friend of inciting innerself. Bayazid Bastami said:
“I have been talking to Allah for thirty years. Surprisingly the worldly people think I am talking to them. While the spiritual ones think I am addressing them.” (Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan)
Thus the seeker of Allah can never find spiritual presence in the Mohammadan Assembly by the superficial daily devotional practices and recitals. Moreover even if he continues performing hard mystic exercises throughout his life. As the perfect spiritual guide provides guidance on the esoteric path who has the command over his innerself.
What attributes makes a person neglect the Mohammadan Assembly
Sultan Bahoo said in Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan:
- You must know that a nation follows its leader. So a true Muslim is the one who follows Prophet Mohammad completely. Moreover he reaches the sacred assembly following his every step. I am surprised at the people who do not know the way to have the presence in the Mohammadan Assembly. Furthermore they do not even seek it from the perfect Mystics due to their conceit, immodesty, arrogance and egoism. The foolish people get jealous of the seeker blessed with presence in the Mohammadan Assembly. In addition they cannot even look at him out of their jealousy, such people are absolutely beasts. One not approved by the Holy Prophet is not a faithful or even a Muslim. He can never be a Fakir, Dervish or a religious scholar and one should not consider him a follower of the Prophet (Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan)
What was man’s origin?
- The spiritual company of the Holy Prophet is the secret of Moreover this secret reveals itself on returning to the origin. Hadith:
اَلنِّھَایَۃُ ھُوَ الرَّجُوْعُ اِلَی الْبِدَایَۃِ
Meaning: Returning to the origin is the final level. (Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan)
The manifestation of the Divine Reality began from the revelation of the Mohammadan light. All the creatures came into being from it. Therefore the ‘origin’ is the Mohammadan light. Hence to return back to the origin is the completion (of the spiritual journey) and perfection (of the seeker). This is what, is meant by the presence of the Mohammadan Assembly and this is actually the secret of guidance. The one who neither acknowledges it nor seeks it, cannot be a follower of the Holy Prophet.
When one achieves the reality of the Mohammadan Assembly?
The Holy Prophet said:
مَنْ رَّأَنِیْ فَقَدْ رَایَ الْحَقِّ فَاِنَّ الشَّیْطٰنَ لَا یَتَمَثَّلُ بِیْ
Meaning: Whoever beheld me, no doubt, he actually beheld me because Satan can never take my form.
If the true seeker who has been blessed with the presence and servitude in the Mohammadan Assembly requests for the solution of any of his worldly or religious problems. Then the Holy Prophet orders to resolve that issue. Thus the sacred Companions also pray for him. If even then that problem is not resolved, then what could be the reason? That seeker of Allah must know that he has not reached the level of perfection yet. Furthermore he is still progressing spiritually. He still has desires which are creating hurdles for him. However, he the Mohammadan Assembly grants him esoterically a blessing as a substitute of his request which makes him happy. Congratulations to him on his progress towards the closeness to Allah.
The seeker should not be ignorant or has desires of this carcass world. Otherwise the Mohammadan Assembly banishes or confiscates his spiritual ranks. When the esoteric and exoteric selves of a seeker become one, he reaches to such a level which is beyond all levels. The reality of the Mohammadan Assembly reveals upon the seekers who have reached the Divine Oneness and have become one with the One. (Shams-ul-Arifeen)
The Mohammadan Assembly is heaven
The person when blessed with the vision of the Holy Prophet (on entering the Mohammadan Assembly) at once raises to the level of a favourite Saint and a Mystic or becomes a majdhub, a beloved or a veiled reprobate. The secret behind it, is that when he enters the Mohammadan Assembly, he must not doubt it. As this assembly is like a heaven where discussion about Quran, Hadith, invocation and Divinity is everlasting. One either gets the rank of beloved or a reprobate from this assembly because it is like a touchstone which distinguished the truth from falsehood. If the person is insincere and a liar, his insincerity and lie are exposed on entering the assembly. Moreover if he is sincere and true the Mohammadan Assembly verifies it. The being of the true seeker converts into the Divine light on seeing this assembly. In addition he becomes eternally present. (Ameer-ul-Kaunain)
What kind of people are neglectful of the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis e Mohammadi)?
A jealous, hypocrite, darkened soul or a liar is the follower of devil and is guideless. He is without the Divine gnosis. Moreover if he says that in this age no spiritual guide is able enough to impart guidance. Moreover he says that book reading is enough (to get spiritual knowledge about Allah). Then he is like a brigand due to his devilish trick, sensual wile and deceit. Furthermore he keeps others away from gnosis of Allah and righteousness. He also prevents them from the presence in the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis e Mohammadi). One should not trust him because such a person is a dark soul and wanders about like a dog in search of carrion. (Ameer-ul-Kaunain)
Only a perfect spiritual guide can take to the Mohammadan Assembly
روز و شب در طلبِ نبوی با حضور
مرد مرشد میرساند خاص نور
ہرکہ منکر میشود زیں خاص راہ
عاقبت کافر شود با رد سیاہ
Explanation: Seek presence in the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis e Mohammadi) day and night. Yet remember one thing, only a perfect spiritual guide can take you to that most special Divine light. Whoever denies this path, ultimately becomes an infidel and is disgraced forever. (Majalisa-tul-Nabi Khurd)
Ism-e-Allah Zaat leads to the Mohammadan Assembly
The inciting self and the cursed Satan can never enter the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis e Mohammadi). This is the path of invocation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat through which one can see the pre-existence, the eternity, the world, the doomsday, the place of judgement, the Divine presence, nearness to Allah, hell, heaven, heavenly fairies and castles. (Aqal-e-Beydar)
The nine places where the Mohammadan Assembly is held
You must know that the special Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis e Mohammadi) takes place at nine places. It is in accordance to the respective levels and stations of people. At every station, it is perfect and complete in itself. These stations are:
- The pre-existence.
- The eternal end.
- At the tomb of Holy Prophet in Madina.
- In the sanctuary of Kaaba inside the Holy Kaaba or in the plain of mount Arafat where the prayers of hajj are accepted.
- Above the Empyrean.
- At the extreme nearness to Allah (Qab Qausain).
- In the paradise. If the seeker eats or drinks something from there, he never feels hunger or thirst or the need to sleep in his life again.
- At the pond of Kauther at heaven. Where, if the Holy Prophet blesses the seeker with the holy beverage from his hands, his whole being purifies and he acquires the attributes of renunciation of the world and complete trust upon Allah. Then, crossing the levels of separation and isolation by the favour of Allah. He reaches the station of Oneness where the Lord blesses him with his company.
- The level of complete immersion in the Divine light of Lordship after having the privilege of Divine vision.
The seeker who annihilates himself, reaches the final level of gnosis, Faqr and immortality with Allah. (Shams-ul-Arifeen)
Teachings of Sultan Bahoo about
Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis e Mohammadi)
Sultan Bahoo said in his Punjabi couplet:
ب بسم ﷲ اِسم ﷲ دا‘ ایہہ وِی گہناں بھارا ھو
نال شفاعت سرورِ عالمؐ، چھٹسی عالم سارا ھو
حدوں بے حد درود نبیؐ نوں‘ جیندا ایڈ پسارا ھو
میں قربان تنہاں توں باھوؒ، جنہاں ملیا نبیؐ سوہارا ھو
Explanation: Ism-e-Allah Zaat is in Bismillah. Moreover it is that grand Divine Trust which refuses to be borne by every creature except the human being. We received this Trust by the medium of the Holy Prophet for whom Allah decorated and adorned this universe. On the doomsday the Muslims will get salvation only through the intercession of the Holy Prophet. Countless and unlimited peace and blessings of Allah must be sent upon the Holy Prophet. Moreover we are the nation of such a prestigious and blessed Prophet. The Prophet who is the greatest blessing of Allah in the entire universe. I may sacrifice myself for those seekers who find closeness of the Prophet by entering his assembly.
The presence in the Mohammadan Assembly is the most important spiritual station which is beyond words. This is the destination of truth of certainty (haq al-yaqin). Only he becomes familiar to its reality who experiences it. Moreover he achieves and approaches it. He finds blessing of meeting with Allah as well as His vision. The Mohammadan Assembly blesses the seeker with union with Allah.