Now Sultan-ul-Arifeen Sultan Bahoo did not get any kind of formal or academic education. Yet he authored at least 140 books. All his books are in Persian except Abyat-e-Bahoo which is in Punjabi language.
Successors and Dervishes of Sultan-ul-Arifeen Sultan Bahoo wrote his words
Since Sultan Bahoo could not read or write like Prophet Mohammad. Therefore, just as there is not any Quranic verse or Hadith available written by the sacred hands of the Holy Prophet, similarly, no hand written document or script by Sultan Bahoo is available. As spiritual successors and Dervishes wrote his verbal statements. Therefore only those manuscripts are available. Notably his statements were the result of Divine revelations.
In words of Doctor Sultan Altaf Ali
First the compiler of Sharah Abyat-e-Bahoo and Mirat-e-Sultani (Bahoo Nama Kamil) is Doctor Sultan Altaf Ali. Second he belongs to the family of Sultan Bahoo. Moreover he states in both the books that he could not find any manuscript written by Sultan Bahoo himself. Only he found the manuscripts written by his spiritual successors and Dervishes.
In words of Saad Ameer Khan Niazi
Similarly, Saad Ameer Khan Niazi is the translator of Sultan Bahoo’s books in Urdu. Also he writes in the foreword of the translation of his book Asrar-e-Qadri:
- As a translator of Sultan Bahoo’s books, I faced the problem that the original manuscripts of his books were not available. So that they are consulted and compared to deduce the actual Persian text and translate them properly. Only if I could have find a single manuscript written by Sultan Bahoo himself then there was no need of others for the translation but unfortunately not even one was available. Shortly all of them were lost or wasted because the spiritual successors kept them in their possession instead of spreading them. (page 40)
Hence, it is not strange that Sultan Altaf Ali or Sultan Hamid Ali or anybody else was unable to find any manuscript written by Sultan Bahoo. Therefore, the translators got the Persian manuscripts of the books of Sultan Bahoo. Henceforth to translate them in different languages. Equally important is that they got these manuscripts till now from the heritage of family of Sultan Bahoo. Further most of the translators compared different manuscripts of the same book and then translated it. That is why, all the available translations are almost the same in terms of teachings.
Many books of Sultan-ul-Arifeen Sultan Bahoo were worn away with time
Surprisingly Sultan Hamid Ali gives a list of very few books of Sultan Bahoo in Manaqib-e-Sultani. Now it shows that most of the books were lost or were not available when he wrote Manaqib-e-Sultani. Since there was not any proper institution to publish Sultan Bahoo’s books. Furthermore it was due to individual efforts that few books published and preserved.
Why Sultan-ul-Arifeen Sultan Bahoo’s books came into limelight after a long time?
Another key point is that, concealing these books for a long time could be for the reason that Sultan Bahoo wanted the Divine treasure hidden from the undeserving people. To clarify, they will be revealed in future at some fixed time, which is why, the Holy Prophet has titled him Mustafa Sani and Mujtaba Akhir Zamani as the guide of righteousness for the last era.
Sultan-ul-Arifeen Sultan Bahoo’s books; a source of guidance
Important to realize is that Sultan Bahoo’s books are the masterpieces of Divine knowledge. As he proclaims that if someone is unable to find a spiritual guide, his books will prove to be a guide and medium for him to reach the perfect spiritual guide. Further he says in Risala Roohi Sharif:
- If a Saint of spiritual union is banished from the spiritual world or from the angelic Hence, demoted from his rank. Yet he seeks mediation of this treatise. Then it will prove a perfect spiritual guide for him. If he does not make it his mediator, he is liable but if he does, then we are responsible to elevate him back to his status.
Furthermore this proclamation of Sultan Bahoo is present in almost all of his books with change of a few words.
Markedly his writings are so persuasive and influential that they completely envelop the reader. Now if his books are read respectfully after ablution, an ocean of spiritual beneficence pours down upon the reader. If the reader continues reading them with complete faith and true intentions, he will be guided towards the perfect spiritual guide of the Sarwari Qadri order. Now the perfect spiritual guide of this order is the real spiritual heir and representative of Sultan Bahoo of the present age.
Sultan-ul-Arifeen Sultan Bahoo’s writing style
First Sultan-ul-Arifeen Sultan Bahoo’s writing style is very simple and easy to understand even for a less educated person.
Second in his books, Sultan Bahoo has used the Quranic verses, Hadiths and Qudsi Hadiths according to the requirement of the statement. If these verses or Hadiths are removed, the actual meaning of the statement remains unexplained. Also Sultan Bahoo makes use of poetry eloquently and beautifully which enhances the effect of the statement.
Translations of Sultan-ul-Arifeen Sultan Bahoo’s books which are available
To enumerate following translations of Sultan Bahoo’s books are available:
(1) Abyat-e-Bahoo (Punjabi Poetry)
(2) Divan-e-Bahoo (Persian Poetry)
(5) Kaleed-ul-Tauheed (Kalan)
(6) Kaleed-ul-Tauheed (Khurd)
(10) Risala Roohi Sharif
(12) Mehak-ul-Faqr (Khurd)
(13) Mehak-ul-Faqr (Kalan)
(15) Aurang Shahi
(18) Fazal-ul-Laqa (Khurd)
(19) Fazal-ul-Laqa (Kalan)
(21) Nur-ul-Huda (Khurd)
(22) Nur-ul-Huda (Kalan)
(29) Deedar Bakhsh
(32) Tarfa-tul-Ain (this book is also known as Hujjat-ul-Asrar)
Shams-ul-Arifeen is a collection of selective topics of Sultan Bahoo’s books
- In fact Shams-ul-Arifeen is a collection of selective topics of Sultan Bahoo’s books: Kaleed-ul-Tauheed, Qurb-e-Deedar, Majmua-tul-Fazal, Aqal-e-Baydar, Jamay-ul-Asrar, Nur-ul-Huda, Ain Numa and Fazal-ul-Laqa. Further Sultan Wali Mohammad, the second son of Sultan Bahoo, compiled it. Now this book is considered as a book of Sultan Bahoo.
Books of Sultan-ul-Arifeen Sultan Bahoo which are not available
- In summary, Manaqib-e-Sultani and Shams-ul-Arifeen states the names of some books of Sultan Bahoo which are still unavailable. Altogether these books are: Majmua-tul-Fazal, Ain Numa, Talmeez-ur-Rehman, Qutb-ul-Aqtab, Shams-ul-Ashiqeen, Divan-e-Bahoo Saghir and Kabir (Persian). Only one book Divan-e-Bahoo is available which is either Saghir or
Language of books
Particularly only one Punjabi book of Sultan Bahoo Abyat-e-Bahoo is available and it is a collection of his Punjabi poetry. All his books other than that are in Persian language.
of Sultan-ul-Arifeen Sultan Bahoo’s books
Important to mention is that Sultan Bahoo’s books read after ablution have Divine affects. In the same way as many books quote miracles related to his tomb as well as it can be listened from devotees, similar to it, the divine effects of his books are famous. In either case he is a source of beneficence. To put it another way one has to be respectful in his approach like a person should be in front of a great sultan. Together with sincere intentions and then miracles happen.
Like he was an epitome of beneficence for people during lifetime, similar to it he is still a source of beneficence for seekers of Allah.